Friday 21 August 2009

Prisoners in the Woods


Waiting is holding us still; Eirwen long ago has taken herself out of matters of daily concern. To be sure, she is camping in the ‘going to the hospital bag’. She is not keen on missing the event. So we haven’t seen her much recently and so far she hasn’t become part of our daily lives. It’s a shame but I think it shows a serious degree of dedication to her ‘job’. She will want to start her life in the house as the baby-bear as opposed to ‘one of the bears’, like us, who happened to be around at the time. Valid point.

And what all this have to do with woods and prisoners? Well, nothing at all really. Nothing at all. If anything... I could say that while we wait members of the house get up to all kind of activities to kill time. No, that’s not true, we do not do such rituals as killing the time although metaphysically speaking it could be an interesting idea but probably impossible to peruse. Have to do something with living in organised society, I think just from the top of my head. All in all we do get up to have a bit of good time while we are waiting for the newest little one to be born. That is, the list of waiters on the having an easy time as follows: Tobi, Lili, Moses, Theodor, Elena – she is back from Vietnam, Mafalda, Hava and Gabor. We do find lots of fun while waiting. Eirwen and Jen are different though. I mentioned about Eirwen already. Jen... hm, she is just busy I guess.

Gabor took me to the woods outside Oulu last weekend and although I haven’t been his prisoner in a sense I became one. It was like some sort of initiation for me. Without the dancing around the fire. But there was fire. I read extracts from my writings to a bunch of others who are also into words. They are the other prisoners. Of words. It was pretty fun and I am sure you will hear more of them. Or perhaps not. I am kind of a quiet partner in the group but I had to mention about this experience. I like being in the woods. Maybe it’s a quality of being a bear. But I am going to get back to working on my other story now. It’s about the time I came to Oulu. I started writing it on the blog but I never got to finish so now I would like to write it all down in one piece. That will be fun!

Tic Toc

No comments:

Post a Comment