Friday 8 May 2009

first entry

My name is Lenard and I will write about my life. It all began on a sunny afternoon a couple of days back. Not my life of course but when inspiration took hold of me to write. It was a pretty day just us many seem to be now that finally it is May and the snow have melted all around us. I finished reading Tobi Blog coming to terms with the fact that there are dragons, real ones not only toys that came out of a container shipped from China. Vow! There is a certain something about toy dragons coming from China now, isn’t there? Because dragons are from China. Supposedly. But this is stupid of course. I know now that Dragons really are from Vietnam. Just like Tobi and Elena. And reading about them I must admit that they aren’t as scary as I first thought they were. But I am blabbering here. Sorry about that. This whole writing a blog is just too exciting!

Moses really against it I certainly must admit that. He tells me that our kind shouldn’t be concerning itself with electronics at all but hey, there is a bit of a generation divide here. I learnt English from a talking and walking Dinosaur. Of course he wasn’t walking much at the time. Excessive packaging you know. However, it isn’t this conflict of generations that drives me to write. To be honest I don’t know what it is but when finishing reading about Tobi I just really wanted to share something about myself too. Gabor asked me why I don’t write a blog. And really? Why don’t I? But it isn’t a question anymore for here I am.

I live in Oulu and I like it so far. At first I was surprised; it didn’t feel right when I arrived. It was mid March, cold and everything was covered with the white staff that is snow, I learnt. I came to dislike it quickly when it started to melt a couple weeks after I arrived. It always froze over the night and quickly packed tight and became useless. But at first it was fun and what was more amazing is that I got to spend some time outside with Lili, this amazing little girl who tried, still tries to adopt me and treats me like her own. We had some good times back then. It feels it was a very long time ago.

Looking out the window, straining my eyes I noticed the bushes nearby look different today. They appeared to have grown some sort of sparkly green net around themselves. Sneaking outside when nobody was paying attention I took a closer look and realized that the green dots weren’t so sparkly, only my eyes were cheating me from the distance, seeing a colour I haven’t seen for some time and they aren’t a net but extensions of the branches. Moses was laughing at me for not knowing what’s going on. Those little green somethings are sprouts that will soon burst into wonderful green leaves. This is spring. I think I’m gonna like it. Gabor tells me that since most of the snow melted some traditional locals /people who grew up around here, as opposed to people who haven’t, they, us are called locals/ started calling it summer. Apparently it’s some sort of defence mechanism of the psyche, just in case this is how far the advance of warmth would get. 10Celsius plus, clouds and occasional rain. If it doesn’t get any better they won’t be disappointed calling it summer to start off. They told me, a great choir of three people, Moses and a bunch of other whiny creatures, that last summer it didn’t get any better. Sounds depressing doesn’t it?

I am hopeful though, spring just does that

1 comment:

  1. You idiot,
    What are you going on about? your life? Than why on earth you aren't writing about it? Get a grip son. Start at the beginning, go through the details of your journey, how you ended up in this family. It's good stuff, people will read it. Some of it is better than my story. I came to be with them, for example, just responding to an add in the Sunday Herald. tell us your story boy!
    Moses

    ReplyDelete